Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Building a telepresence Robot - part 1

After recent reading articles in the IEEE spectrum and having experience with OpenCV and a background in Electronic Engineering I decided it would be a fun exercise to see if I could hack together a robot proxy using off the shelf components and Open Source software.

I found a great starting point at Parallax Inc which provides a couple of embedded processor boards and a really sturdy base. For power I decided to use a 12v lead acid UPS battery, I have lying around, for the motors together with a universal BEC which would give me 6 volts for the servos and microprocessor board.


I ordered and received the parts, now the fun really begins - follow this blog to keep track of how the project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment